After several posts of baked goods and desserts, I’m feeling the need to talk about some super-healthy and savory foods. Not to mention the back-to-school routine, while welcome, has me wanting something that is both tasty and easy that I can just throw together on a weeknight. This Sheetpan Greek Chicken and Vegetables is the answer to these desires, and so much more! Topped with Feta Cheese, Kalamata Olives and Tzatziki Sauce, it makes a completely craveable dinner! Dare I mention it is also low-carb and gluten-free? It also makes a delightful lunch the next day or wrapped in a pita to make a brilliant sandwich! You could even use this as a Meal Prep dish for a week’s worth of lunches. How easy is that? Add some rice or pita and you have a complete meal!
Lately I’ve noted a plethora of Pinter-esting (sorry for being “punny”, I couldn’t resist!) Sheetpan recipes. Sometimes these are called “Savory Traybakes”. But, ever the skeptic, I’ve doubted their deliciousness. How could you cook the protein and the vegetables all on one tray for the same amount of time and have everything come out perfect? It can’t be done, I was sure! Well, it turns out, it can. For me, the key is a sharp knife. That way, all of the ingredients can be cut quickly and nicely into pieces of roughly equal size, ensuring cook time for each is similar. And sometimes, after a long, stressful day, a bit of time honing your knife skills with some colorful veggies can even be a bit…cathartic, don’t you think?
This delicious Sheetpan Greek Chicken and Vegetables has me thinking of all of the variations that could be made – maybe add some Anaheim peppers to the vegetable mix and oregano and fresh cilantro for a Mexican version, or some basil and lemon for an Italian bake, which would be divine served over pasta with some Parmeggiano. There are so many possibilities! So grab your sheetpan and Enjoy!
Sheetpan Greek Chicken and Vegetables
An ultra-easy and fast dish that can be a low-carb and/or gluten-free main dish, or stuffed in a pita to become a sandwich! Leftovers are delicious heated or cold! Top with Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese and store-bought or Homemade Tzatziki Sauce, this recipe is from Alton Brown.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 20 min.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
Chicken and Veg
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless, Skinless, Chicken breasts, cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 2 Bell Peppers, any color
- 1 Small to Medium Zucchini, sliced into 1/2″-thick half-moons
- 1 Medium Red Onion, chopped into 1/2-3/4″ chunks
- 8 oz. Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 c Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 t Dried Oregano
- 1 T fresh, or 1/2 t dried, Rosemary
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 1/2 c Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 3 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Arrange chopped chicken and vegetables on 13×18 Sheet Pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk all Dressing ingredients. Pour or brush over the chopped chicken and vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables begin to char.
- Top with Kalamata olives, Tzatziki Sauce and Feta Cheese as desired, or put into pita bread for sandwiches.
You can vary the spices in this recipe. If you do not like Rosemary, you could substitute Dill or Basil. Feel free to experiment!
- Calories: 300-340